Who We Are
The Telecommunications Association (TelSoc) is a not-for-profit society registered as an incorporated association. It is the Australian telecommunication industry’s oldest learned society.
TelSoc organises public forums, provides a daily newsletter to members on industry news, and publishes the prestigious Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy. New members can join here.
Telecommunications plays an increasingly central and critical role in the fabric of our modern digital society.
TelSoc exists to maximise the effectiveness of telecommunications in Australia.
TelSoc's mission is to provide a focus for Australian Telecommunications in the following areas:
- The dissemination of new information
- To encourage productive debate
- A platform to illuminate what the future holds
- To stress the importance of excellence in Telecommunications
- To provide professional networking between people in all roles in the Telecommunications Community
- To enable lifelong learning in Telecommunications for all related professionals
TelSoc believes in the importance of:
- Taking pride in the Telecommunications industry or profession
- Good decisions made on the best possible information
- Professionalism in what we do and enable
- Even-handed, factually based, well-argued alternative views
- A multidisciplinary approach, involving all roles in the Telecommunications Community
- Enthusiasm in all things
The TelSoc Community
TelSoc embraces all those in the broader telecommunications community:
- Engineering, Information Technology, Academia, Students, Sales & Marketing, Legal, Manufacturers, Media, Service Providers,
Corporates, Government & Regulatory, SMEs, Consultants and others
- Jim Holmes (President)
- Tim Herring (Vice President)
- Matthew O'Rourke (Secretary)
- Leith Campbell (Treasurer)
- Greg Paynter
- Craig Watkins
- Michelle Lim
- Michael de Percy